Road Trip: Marion Freight Depot

We took a little side trip to go see the Marion Freight Depot. According to documents sent for historic district designation, the current freight depot was built in 1932 to replace a freight depot on the same spot. It is now used as a community meeting place. The original passenger station was demolished sometime around 1952 when an addition was added to the freight depot to serve the same function.



No comments:

Post a Comment