Skip to main content

Working on the ‘48 Ford Tudor


On Saturday, we were back in the garage working on our 1948 Ford Tudor Sedan street rod. This car has so many problems that I don’t think we will ever be able to fix them all but it still is a fun car.  I am trying to think of it as a learning experience. We started out with a Bitchin Products dash but it requires some modifications to fit our setup. To be able to clear the windshield wiper transmission we had to create a bump in the dash top. Using a little muscle and a closet rod, I was able to bend the sheet metal into a nice arc. We then ran the pieces through the bandsaw using a guide to enable us to cut the arc to a 1/2” height. I then cut some circles out of 18 gauge sheet metal and welded them into the ends. We cut the ends to the correct height and finished them on the belt sander. They are now ready for final welding on the dash. The firewall needs some attention so Peg put on her safety gear and began grinding of rust and paint so we can weld some patch panels.


Popular posts from this blog

Hendersonville Cars and Coffee Photos

Over 300 cars showed up early, starting at 8:00 AM, for the recent Hendersonville Cars and Coffee cruise-in. World of Clothing in Hendersonville, NC hosted the event and cars were spread out all across their large parking lot.

NCL Norwegian Pearl Cruise to Alaska - The Haven Courtyard

If you ever have a chance to sail to Alaska, do it! If you can save up a little more to be able to stay in The Haven Courtyard on Norwegian Cruise Lines, do it! For our anniversary Peg and I decided we would take our first cruise to Alaska. NCL sales called us, last minute, and offered us a deal to upgrade to a penthouse in The Haven Courtyard aboard the Norwegian Pearl. We did and it was fantastic! The Bird of Paradise Courtyard Suite Room 14014 (an S5 level penthouse suite) would be our home for the seven day cruise which started in Seattle, Washington.

Photos from Craig Naff's Hotrod Body Shop with Ron Covell

It's not often that you get the chance to hang out with one of the world's best hotrod metal shapers, Craig Naff. Add to that the fact that Ron Covell, a fantastic metal fabricator and instructor, would be teaching a class in Craig's shop and you have the potential for a fantastic Saturday. I made the drive over to Craig's shop on the outskirts of Woodstock, VA early in the morning using Ron Covell's Basic Metal Shaping class as an excuse to get out of the house.